l

Monday, February 20, 2012

Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg Says Nicki Minaj's "Starships" Is One Of The Most Most Sellout Songs In Hip Hop History


"Nicki Minaj has made it perfectly clear that she is going in more of a pop direction with her career with some of her recent releases. It doesn't seem to be hurting her fanbase, which continues to grow. Fans of her pre-Young Money work probably haven't been thrilled, but the Harajuku Barbie most likely isn't targeting them anyway.

On Valentine's Day, Nicki released her latest single "Starships." The RedOne produced song is intended to be a crossover hit for her upcoming album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.

“There was so much love surrounding the making of the song, because RedOne is just so sweet to work with," she told Ryan Seacrest when the song premiered. "He just sent me that one day and he said, ‘Hey, I got something for you!’ I was like ‘You got to be kidding me, right?’ I went to the studio and started writing…scratch that…I didn’t even write the first verse! That was just me mumbling and just saying the first thing that came to my head, and we recorded it, because I just felt…like let’s go to the beach…let’s go get away…It was just so good. It feels good!”

Not everyone is feeling good about the song though. New York's outspoken on air personality Peter Rosenberg of Hot 97 thinks the Young Money starlet went too pop and he let his listeners know.

"I'm not saying Nicki's not a rapper or she can't rap, because the opposite is true," he said. "By nature she is an incredibly talented rapper. But I am a hip-hop head and to be frank this song right here 'Starships' is literally one of the most sellout songs in hip-hop history.""

SOURCE 

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

VIDEO

ENTER-TAB1-CONTENT-HERE

RECENT POSTS

ENTER-TAB2-CONTENT-HERE

POPULAR POSTS

ENTER-TAB3-CONTENT-HERE
 

Hollywood Actress Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha